Ok, here’s the seventh part of Admin Dashboard Settings, about Navigation Bars.
Firstly, I think
that out of the default links we can have all of them, except
probably “Q&A”, as it’ is basically the home page, which can be
found by clicking on the
Out of those enablable by plug-ins, the two displayed in the demo sandbox aare
basically the useless “Example Page” (Who wants to know that they clicked “Ok then”
, and the sitemap which is useless to most users of the site (right?, does anyone even know where SE’s sitemap is?).
For the custom pages, I think we should have a link to meta, the tag wikis, and the review queues. Remember that the tag wikis and the (Suggested Edits) review queues will most likely be hosted on The Matheamtics and Physics Wikia. I think this is advantageous for a number of reasons.
- As for the suggested edits, it’s the only way we can do this.
- As for the tag wikis, it’s also the only way we can do this, since the tag description plug-in for Q2A is hardly satisfactory. We *could* install it though, to just provide a link to the tag wiki on the Mathematics and Physics Wiki.
- The tag wikis on SE are hardly tag “wikis“, at all. No one – body can edit them. It’s all suggested edits. And a more difficult suggested edit than the usual one. Why, the entire Q & A are more “wiki” than the so-called tag “wiki”s, since you just need 2k rep to edit them normally, as opposed to 20k rep, and Community Wiki posts are easier to edit, requiring just 100 rep. And here, stupid mods talk about how talking about D-Branes isn’t a[[ppropriate for a tag wiki a about btranes branes. Those mods just have no brains : ) …
- The wiki interface, and even more-so, Wikia’s default narrow-width “Oasis” skin (check it out, click on this random article I found, and ensure that the “rails” are not hidden) look very appropriate for a tag wiki to me.
- I think linking such websites may be advantageous to both, since people whom join either one can come to know of the other, which is good because a collaborative wiki, and a collaborative Q&A, are both important, especially for Physcs.
Which reminds me, I think we should also have a custom HTML on the sidebar telling people to suggest edits at this page.
Additionally, we may also have a “Meta” and “Main” links there, because people may not bother going through the categroiories, oor even eimagine that both “Meta” and “Main” exist there.
Any other ideas?